[tremor] ov_read()/decoding error on ARM

Casy Rybeck Rybeck at gmx.net
Tue Sep 10 19:29:46 PDT 2002

Hi!

I'm tasting the latest Tremor on a 150MHz ARM system with Linux. It
compiled well and opening an ogg file and getting some info works also.

However, ov_read() fills my PCM buffer only with kinda noise. On ogg
test files (22.1 and 44.1, mono and stereo) with silence I get something
like:

first 8 samples of buffer 1: FAE0 FAD6 FAD0 FAE4 FA9D FB03 FAC5 FADE
 last 8 samples of buffer 1: FB00 FAEA FACF FACE FAEA FAEC FAB5 FAB9
first 8 samples of buffer 2: FAFE FAD5 FAD5 FB0E FB93 FACC FAB8 FB0C
 last 8 samples of buffer 2: FADD FAEB FAFB FADB FAB2 FAD8 FB41 FAAE

(The test file plays well on my windows pc...)

I have to say that I use my own Makefile. I compile with "arm-elf-gcc"
and my CFLAGS are "-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -D_ARM_ASSEM_". I also
testet it without _ARM_ASSEM_, but unsuccessul.

Markus