[tremor] Rio Receiver & Ogg Vorbis

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Tue Sep 3 15:46:06 PDT 2002

I'm quite excited to hear about the release of the integer-based vorbis
decoder.  I've been developing a client replacement to a hardware mp3
player called the Rio Receiver.  Currently, I've added a bunch of
features including support for shoutcast and FLAC (free lossless audio
compression).  With this release I hope to be able to add Vorbis support
as well.

You can find a general link on the Rio Reciever here

http://www.reza.net/rio

and one on the client replacement here

http://www.reza.net/rio/rrr.html

creenshots here

http://pics.boom.net/cgi/picture?id=3179

and the sourceforge page here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/grrr/

According to the page http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/hardware.html

there was a mention of being able to assist in the integration.  If you
check out the CVS tree (rrr/decode.c), you'll find that the code is very
straitforward, and it's quite easy to extend.  I'm actually working on a
few projects right now, and will not get a chance to work on it for some
time.  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping add Ogg
Voribis support to the Rio Reciever.

Thanks,
Reza