[tremor] stack+heap requirements for tremor

Stan Seibert volsung at mailsnare.net
Tue Sep 17 16:55:21 PDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 18:11, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> I can't tell you the stack requirements, but it's less than 1MB, running
> ogg123 with tremor backend gives about 1MB top for the text, stack and data,
> with just under 2MB for heap.  note figures from top are:
> 1549 chris     50    0   924K 2028K RUN        0:51 31.00% 30.96% igg123
>
> Once it hits the above numbers it doesn't seem to change.  However I believe
> that the buffer size etc is configurable for ogg123.

Don't use ogg123 as any sort of indicator of the memory requirements for
Tremor.  It is not designed to even be remotely conservative with RAM
because it was intended to run on a desktop machine.  There are various
buffers littering the code which would be completely unnecessary on an
embedded system.

---
Stan Seibert