[tremor] random patch

Chris Gilbert chris at dokein.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 16:01:33 PDT 2002

I was looking over the tail end of the mdct_backwards, and noted that arm
asm can be a lot more efficent at it than the compiler produced code (due to
being able to increment and decrement pointers, and I can see what it's
doing 8)

Anyway on a random ogg file it knocked 5 seconds off 298 seconds to decode,
so is about a 1.5% improvement, only a small gain, but every bit helps 8)

Certainly someone that knows what the code actually does and why (looks like
it's actually reflecting data, to create a wave?)  might want to name the
functions better.

Oh the warnings on register order are bogus in this case as the same
registers are used, and in the same order.

Might look at other places to tweak with arm asm.

Is there a proper place to submit patches? or is on here fine?

Cheers
Chris