[tremor] solution to alloca() on platfomrs that dont support it

bobbydigi at btinternet.com bobbydigi at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 16 02:42:01 PDT 2002

> Just do the malloc() thing, for broken platforms.  If you want speed, you
> don't want libvorbis
> anyway.

This is very confusing, is tremor not supposed to be a fast integer based decoder that's suitable for hardware implementations?

If I "dont want libvorbis" for speed, what should I use to decode ogg files? or are you suggesting that decoding ogg is not fast so I should implement some other format?

I'm currently trying to implement a fast portable ogg player, if Tremor is not the way to go for fast deconding, I would be grateful if you could offer some suggestions.

thanks,

rob