[tremor] Tremor Memory Footprint

Werner Sharp werner at sharp-software.com
Wed Nov 6 07:25:25 PST 2002

Hi all,

I'm using tremor in a Windows CE project that may be in a low memory
situation when decoding the Ogg file.   If there's not enough memory
available, tremor just crashes out because there's not any(?) out-of-memory
checks.   Does anyone know if tremor has a general memory footprint required
to decode a file?    I'm not talking about the file size itself (or its
decoded size), just the internal data structures required.   I can purge
objects from memory before calling tremor, I'm just trying to figure out how
much to purge.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Werner Sharp
werner at sharp-software.com