[theora] NHW development

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Tue May 9 18:49:15 UTC 2023

 Hello,

Just a quick update, I could not find time to work on NHW, but I feel I am
more and more coming to an end with the project after all these years.The
next major/essential steps like adapting to any image size, designing a
post-processing filter that will remove aliasing,... are above my forces.

I feel that my work has some interesting points (neatness, extreme
speed,...) but I don't really know why since 2008 (!) companies, industry,
academic research (universities,...) don't answer/don't talk with me.I feel
maybe that I have a big lack of credibility and legitimacy, -that's right I
did not make great studies/education, I have an extremely bad curriculum,
and especially now I have severe health problems that handicap me a lot and
that first prevent me from being really able to work on NHW (like adapting
to any image size,...)-.

So I feel now I am more and more reaching the maximum I could do from my
little side.If you would have more weight than me, for example if you could
spread the word of NHW among your company, research organization,... I
would be very thankful to you because after more than 16 years of
existence, NHW seems in a critical phase, at least my side I don't know if
I will be able to provide the necessary efforts to continue its right
development.

Cheers,
Raphael