[theora] NHW codec - some update

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 19:38:24 UTC 2023

 Hello,

Another quick update, improving the nhw_kernel weight computation seems
quite complex (for me), I even try rather simple things that in theory
should work, but at final visual inspection, the visual quality was not
better.I will also have now to quasi-put on pause the NHW development,
maybe in 5 or 6 months will pop up a good idea... That's also totally right
that I should stop refinements now and that I must focus on adapting the
NHW prototype to any image size, but sadly this huge task is impossible for
me currently as I have personal difficulties now.

So I don't expect some improvements in the next months, but I am also
satisfied with the latest v0.3.0-rc3 version which can be maybe considered
as the official 0.3.0 release? In the meantime, I wanted to let you know
that if someone could help me to submit the NHW codec prototype to the MPEG
and AOM emerging technologies/exploration programs, it would be very kind,
as I never could submit my work/technology to these exploration programs...
-Some submitting arguments could be a very good image neatness and an
ultra-fast speed...-

Cheers,
Raphael