[theora] NHW Project - new version with better neatness and precision

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:26:21 UTC 2020

Hello,

For those interested, I have made a new version of NHW.This one has more
neatness and more precision.

I find that this version has a very good neatness, for example when I
compared to AVIF.This is an another compression approach, some people
dislike it and this psychovisual optimization, but for me this new version
starts to prove that neatness could be a viable solution? Do not hesitate
to give your opinion.This version is still extremely fast to encode/decode.

I also wanted to notice that the new entropy coding schemes of NHW are not
optimized for now, -I have the fast ideas to improve them-, and so we can
still save 2.5KB per .nhw compressed file in average, and even more with
Chroma from Luma technique for example.

More at: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Raphael