[theora] [OT] What forums/mailing lists for advice on how to play video file?

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Sun Feb 17 03:45:34 UTC 2019

Hi,

Sorry for being off topic, but I am stuck.

What forums or mailing lists are suitable for
advice on how to play a particular video file?
The file (actually a set of eight files) has the
extension ".wmv", but Windows Media Player
gave the error that the file format did not match
the extension.  VLC also will not play the file.

If anybody wants to look inside, I have placed
the file at:
https://sites.google.com/site/mytemporarydownloads/

Just scroll down to the "Video file" section.

The file was created by a fifteen-year-old boy
who passed away seven years ago.  His
relatives are hoping the file contains video of
him.

Many thanks for any advice you can give.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org