[theora] NHW Project - improvement of -l5 quality setting

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 13:13:54 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have improved -l5 quality setting of the NHW codec.I have saved 1Ko on UV
chroma planes, and so I have raised quantization on Y luma plane from 0.845
to 0.87.

-l5 quality setting is now really better, has notably less artifacts.

There could be some light color distortion now on certain images, but
globally I really prefer this version (color distortion is less annoying).

Update at: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/

This last version of the NHW Project starts to be very interesting, and I
would be really interested in any feedback if you have time!

Cheers,
Raphael