[theora] NHW Project - high compression

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:44:17 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have just added a first draft of high compression (-l3 setting) for the
NHW codec.Now it keeps still a good neatness (new -l3 setting is really
better than the previous one) and it is competitive with x265, sometimes
more neatness is more pleasant, sometimes it's more precision.

As I have many kinds of artefacts with increasing the wavelet coeffs
threshold of the dead-zone (and not only aliasing), I don't have touch then
the wavelet threshold (still 8) for now, still checking the code and
algorithm, maybe I will increase wavelet thereshold for higher compression
settings.

For those interested, see update: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/

Any feedback welcome.

Cheers,