[theora] Key frame bitrate

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Thu Feb 10 08:21:37 PST 2011

On 10 February 2011 07:53, Andreas Engel <andreas.engel at bravis.eu> wrote:

> You could send the patch to my email adress and tell me the base
> revision I have to use. I could do some experiments then. Is there a
> timeline for the 1.2 release? Is there a chance this feature gets into
> the (next) stable release?

There's no particular timeline. We released an alpha of the 1.2
codebase in September, and I'd like to do another soon. Rolling intra
would be a nice feature to have, but it depends on how well it's
working in the next few months.

Note that's 1.2 is quite stable, it's just not broadly tested yet.
It's reasonable to experiement with it, especially if the 1.1.x
releases aren't meeting your needs.

 -r