[theora] Changing frame rate in an ogg

Stefano Luceri stefano.luceri at agilex.it
Thu Aug 25 04:57:25 PDT 2011

Hi

I'm trying to understand how to change framerate in an ogg/theora file. I'm
recording a stream from a chat (RTP/THEORA) but frame rate of recorded
stream is not correct.

Reading theora documentation it seems that frame rate (FRN and FRD) only
affects granulepos/timestamp but changing it (manually) in the ogg files
causes bad decoded frames while playing (I've also tried other ogg videos).

Obviously I'm missing something, is there some way to change frame rate (I
need to slow the playing of file) using ogg or oggz api?

Thank you,

Stefano