[theora] Reading audio data from an .ogv video

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Wed Aug 17 13:48:20 PDT 2011

On 17 August 2011 11:10, Nuno Moreira <nscarnaut at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I need some info on how can I read the audio data from an .ogv video.
> I'm creating an in-game player and so far I'm only able to read and render
> the frames of the video (no audio). Tried splitting the video from the sound
> but it got out of synch really quickly.

Sounds like you're reading the audio data correctly, and the problem
is just in your synchronization code. Sound cards generally don't have
very accurate clocks, so you need to schedule video playback based on
the audio playback clock. For example, keep track of how often the
audio engine requests a new playback buffer and update the visible
video frame based on that.

HTH,
 -r