[theora] Ripping theora stream

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 17 07:17:36 PDT 2011

On 08/17/2011 09:34 AM, Stefano Luceri wrote:
> Now I've the following problem, playing the ogg file is very fast, is there
> a way in theora to 'control' frame rate?

The frame rate is written in the setup header.  You should check that
frame rate and see if it is correct.  One possibility is that the
transmitter is lying to you about the frame rate.  Another possibility is
that some frames are getting lost (RTP is a lossy protocol).  When a frame
is lost, you should probably insert an empty (size 0) packet in the Ogg
stream so that you don't lose temporal synchronization.

> Moreover my next step consists in muxing audio/video (I can save it as a
> separate WAV for now), what tool or library do you suggest for muxing?

You can do the muxing using liboggz (it's not much more code than you have
already).

--Ben