[theora] comment and two questions

Mark Edwards mark_f_edwards at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 12:55:48 PDT 2010

a few more details:

currently we are already  using a JAVA based audio recorder, so my users are
used to having a java-jre already installed.

i have been using flash to play the resulting mp3 files, but i wish to switch to
ogg.

from my research, i cannot find another player that handles ogg when played
right on a webpage.

the java runs in IE and every other browser i can think of.

yes its true it works wonderful in html5, but again, that darn IE is stopping
me.  :-(

ideally, i can switch to speex !   any chance i can start offering speex ?

thanks again,
mark edwards