[theora] VP8

Dave Johnson davefilms.us at gmail.com
Sun May 23 19:10:04 PDT 2010

Patenting a mathematical formula is NOT creating a machine nor is it unique. For example. 2+2=4... apples + apples^2= given outcome. I want to patent this. It's stupid to patent something like that. The same is true for formula algorithms. Algorithms occur in nature. Thus should not be patented. Now, Volley G Mathison inventor of the Electropsychometer had a machine that he could patent. A mathematical formula or algorithm is NOT a machine. Granted algorithms can be considered IP. Copyright should cover that. Or should I patent my video?