[theora] [OT-ish] WebM/Ogg VP8 streaming

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Sat May 22 02:27:43 PDT 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Philip Heron <phil at sanslogic.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm using Icecast to distribute some Ogg Theora streams at the moment
> with a view to adding VP8 along side these in future. Ideally I'd just
> use Ogg VP8+Vorbis, I know there is a mapping for this already but how
> much support from the browsers can I expect for this configuration?

There are no plans to support VP8+Vorbis+Ogg in Firefox at this stage.
Our Ogg support for chained streams isn't very good at the moment so
existing Icecast support in Firefox is not as good as I'd like it to
be. There are bugs raised to to address that however.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz