[theora] Libtheora

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Thu May 20 13:33:51 PDT 2010

On 20 May 2010 13:20, SAHANA DEVARAJU <sahanadevaraju at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am Sahana. I am currently working on Libtheora for windows platform and
> very new to it. I am getting a lot of compiling errors. Since Libtheora
> depends on libogg and libvorbis i have added these as well to my workspace
> in VC++ 6. I have a doubt regarding the x86 and x86_vc folders described in
> the libtheora software.Since both these folders have the same set of files
> which one do we need to make use of. I also want to know what flags to set.
> I really appreciate all your help.

The x86 directory contains gcc-style inline assembly for several of
the more time-critical functions. The x86_vc folder contains a similar
set of function implementations in MSVC inline assembly syntax. To
compile under VC6, you'll want to include the files in the x86_vc
directory, but not the ones in the x86 directory.

The code should work without either, using pure-C implementations of
the same functions, but will of course be slower. You also need to
define the OC_X86_ASM preprocessor symbol (macro) for libtheora to use
the assembly functions.

I believe that's the only extra define you might need to use. The
VS2008 project files also define WIN32, _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE and
_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE, but I don't think those are necessary on
VC6.

Hope that's enough to get you compiling. Thanks for your interest in Theora.

 -r