[theora] Guess everyone saw this already?

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Wed May 19 11:35:20 PDT 2010

On 05/19/2010 02:24 PM, Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
> What's the patent status of VP8? That's the one missing piece of
> information I'm still looking for about whether or not this can work.
The FAQ on licensing mentions you're protected from patents *owned by
Google*.  I didn't see any language about patent indemnification,
though.  Read-up on the website:

http://www.webmproject.org/about/faq/#licensing

They say WebM is a royalty-free format, so that's a pretty strong
assertion, they probably have put some effort into verifying that it's
not covered elsewhere, but I cannot promise anything.