[theora] Oggcodecs release 0.83.17220

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Mon May 17 10:08:05 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Twisted Lincoln, Inc.
<forum at twistedlincoln.com> wrote:
>    Any chance of adding support in a future version for encoding Theora
> directly from Directshow capable apps, rather than having to use GraphEdit?
>  There currently isn't any easy way to create Ogg Theora videos directly on
> Windows without somehow using FFMPEG, which isn't legally distributable due
> to patent laws.
>
> I'd love to be able to export my videos from Sony Vegas directly to Theora,
> the way I can with audio with the Vorbis codecs.

GraphEdit uses DirectShow. VirtualDub, CamStudio, and possibly Sony Vegas, use
"Video for Windows" (which precedes DirectShow)

At the moment Xiph.Org DirectShow codecs do not have a "Video for
Windows" implementation.

I do not know why Vorbis works in Sony Vegas. Unfortunately I do not
have access to
Sony Vegas, and cannot say more on the issue.

Cheers,
Cristian.