[theora] Theora Intra (ptalarbvorm) vs. MJPEG

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Wed May 12 21:11:16 PDT 2010

On 05/12/2010 10:20 PM, Dave Johnson wrote:
> Basil...
>
> I am excited at the discussion thus far. We really need a camcorder for the masses that is truly free. In free I mean free to use for professional and personal use. I aspire to become a videographer in the near future and I can say that I was taken aback when I learned of MPEG-LA and the royalties.
>
> I am looking forward to seeing http://www.librevideo.org

Dave,

I am too, and I agree with your assertions.  I have similar aspirations
as well.  :)

I hope to have content up by this weekend.  I am quite backlogged on
projects due in no small part to having been sick recently and a slow
recovery.  At the very least, I hope to have a blog up soon as well as a
wiki, and then later on have some mailing lists implemented (I don't
currently have mailman configured on my server).  It would be nice to
not have to spam the Theora mailing lists with all the discussion around
this idea, and to just save it for posting pertinent updates.