[theora] Opera 10.50 released

Philip Jägenstedt philip at foolip.org
Thu Mar 4 08:58:56 PST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 08:16, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:52 PM,  <j at v2v.cc> wrote:
>> On 03/02/2010 01:56 PM, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
>>> Today we released Opera 10.50, the first officially supported Opera
>>> release that supports <video> with Ogg Theora since we first
>>> experimented with it way back in 2007. Please enjoy and don't forget
>>> to file bugs :)
>>
>> Was going to try it out, is there a build for Linux available somewhere
>> already? http://www.opera.com/ still says 10.50 available shortly.
>
> Not available on the Mac yet either. :(
>
> Congrats still! Seeking support is awesome progress! I was hoping for
> that next!! :-)

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/03/02/windows-10-50-is-released

At the bottom of this article we link to the latest snapshots for Mac
and Linux, both have <video> in exactly the same state as the Windows
release (I am running the Mac build right now). Any differences are
due to differences in GStreamer, which is especially likely on Linux
where we use the system libraries (for now, at least).

--
Philip Jägenstedt