[theora] OGGZ Seeking in Theora

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Sun Jun 6 14:54:10 PDT 2010

On 7 June 2010 02:12, Stefan Weber <s_weber at blyth.ch> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> Excuse me for pushing this again.
> Can't somebody give me a little hint on how to setup OGGZ for seeking
> with Theora?

what you wrote sounds right. You should only need a page callback to
handle the intermediate step. The callbacks are not asynchronous, they
all happen in the same thread and only see data that gets passed
through the most recent call to oggz_read().

You can get the granuleshift with oggz_get_granuleshift(). The
difference between ogg_page_granulepos() and oggz_tell_granulepos() is
that the oggz version will work out the granulepos for a packet, even
if it was not recorded in the stream. At the page level it doesn't
matter so much.

If you're working with this now anyway, please try the seek-rewrite
branch, from the repo at github: http://github.com/kfish/liboggz

cheers,

Conrad.