[theora] Possible interference between two directshow encoder/mux instances

Andrew Bisson Andrew.Bisson at gossinteractive.com
Tue Jul 27 01:10:21 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: theora-bounces at xiph.org [mailto:theora-bounces at xiph.org] On Behalf
Of Cristian Adam
Sent: 26 July 2010 23:00
To: Andrew Bisson
Cc: theora at xiph.org
Subject: Re: [theora] Possible interference between two directshow
encoder/mux instances

On 26/07/2010 11:59, Andrew Bisson wrote:
> I have an application written in c# which uses two instances of the
> theora encoder in a single filtergraph. Each one is followed by an ogg
> multiplexer for output to separate files. When I run the filtergraph
the
> smaller video's buffer is intermittently written to the start of the
> larger video's buffer. I am using the latest filters from
> opencodecs_0.84.17338.exe and the smaller video is coming from
separate
> preview filtergraph via a GMFBridge component that connects the
> preview/render graphs. There are currently no clear indications as to
> where the interference is occurring but a previous version using wmv
> encoders did not exhibit this problem so it seems possible that it
lies
> in the encoder/mux. Is it possible that the encoder instances are
> sharing memory that they should not be?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

Hi Andy,

I have made a test OpenCodecs version which has a fix in the encoder
(removed a static buffer) Please tell me how this version works for you.

You can download the software from:
http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/oggdsf/opencodecs_0.84.17347.exe

Cheers,
Cristian.

Wow, that was quick! I can confirm that this fully resolves the problem
that I was seeing.

Many thanks for your prompt reply

Andy

Facing the need to make efficiency savings? GOSS can offer expert advice to help your website and organisation deliver transactional efficiency, cost savings and channel shift. www.gossinteractive.com/online_efficiency

Follow the web design and Web Content Management experts. www.twitter.com/gossinteractive

Registered Office: c/o Bishop Fleming, Cobourg House, Mayflower Street, Plymouth, PL1 1LG. Company Registration No: 3553908

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before transmission. You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may be caused by software viruses.