[theora] Theora video support in Firefox and Opera

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 04:23:40 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM, dos386 <dos386 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Firefox: 3.6 is out. What's new? I don't know (see :-( below)

Full-screen support is new (right-click on the video). And I'm sure
the Firefox developers have a stack of little improvements. I've found
it to be much more reliable.

> Opera10.5 Alpha:
>
> Doesn't work: Either player appears but playing doesn't start (even
> with small movies working in FireFox), controls are there (even with
> JS off), but all what one can do is to move the audio volume button,

It's a first alpha version - give them a chance! :-)

> or asks "Open with what" offering Firefox or Opera (???), or displays
> the movie as text ... Also local movies don't play either.

Displaying movie as text is usually a problem of the setup of the Web
server, which does not provide the correct mime type. Are you sure the
Web server that you used it with was correctly set up?

Regards,
Silvia.