[theora] Theora Petition on YouTube

startx startx at plentyfact.org
Mon Jan 25 14:12:06 PST 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:06:55 -0500
Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
> ... other means.
>
> In this case google claimed they heard the message and removed them
> because they were utterly drowning out other ideas:

the google statement reads:

"We've heard a lot of feedback around supporting HTML5 and are working
hard to meet your request, so stay tuned. We'll be following up when we
have more information. We're answering this idea now because there are
so many similar HTML5 ideas and we want to give other ideas a chance to
be seen."

was the original request about HTML5 or specifically about theora?

startx