[theora] Indexing Ogg files for faster seeking

Jason Self jason.self at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:12:42 PST 2010

On Jan 22, 2010, at 10:07 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I thought ffmpeg2theora was doing this already. The message you're
> quoting from is old, are you sure this is still the case?

Yes: I used one of the daily builds this morning (or was it yesterday?
I can't remember.) And I saw a message that the duration was not
known, so it wasn't indexing it.

As a side note, I've found that when working with duration-less files,
ffmpeg2theora scrolls a line each time it updates the progress. This
doesn't happen when the duration is known where ffmpeg2theora instead
shows progress on a single line. Can this behavior be changed? It uses
up all my scrollback history...