[theora] Theora video support in Firefox and Opera

Torrance torrance123 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:46:56 PST 2010

On 26/02/10 10:25 AM, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> On 2/25/2010 12:35 PM, Torrance wrote:
>> I've just downloaded Opera 10.5 for Mac. Can anyone else confirm that
>> it's not playing theora videos when encoded with the --seek-index
>> option?
>
> Just curious, what's the symptom?

It loads up its default video player but obviously has no video size
info (no width or height), and when clicked to play it simply does
nothing. The browser doesn't hang, and other videos on the same page
encoded without the --seek-index option can play fine.

Just checked this out on Opera 10.5 beta 2 for windows too, and it's the
same deal.

(There's also no duration info for videos in either version until the
video finishes playing, but I assume this is known).

> Would also be good to test with some live streams, as Chrome falls
> right over in that case as well.
I don't know how to set up theora streaming, but Chrome works fine with
'static' --seek-index encoded videos.

Torrance