[theora] [Vorbis] Oggcodecs release 0.82.16930
cristian.adam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 05:48:30 PST 2010
> Just curious regarding the license (i.e. BSD). IIRC FLAC ( flac.sf.net )
> is under GPL.
> Or the codecs have an independent FLAC implementation ?
I'm quoting from AUTHORS file from flac-1.2.1.tar.gz:
/* FLAC - Free Lossless Audio Codec
* Copyright (C) 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007 Josh Coalson
* This file is part the FLAC project. FLAC is comprised of several
* components distributed under difference licenses. The codec libraries
* are distributed under Xiph.Org's BSD-like license (see the file
* COPYING.Xiph in this distribution). All other programs, libraries, and
* plugins are distributed under the GPL (see COPYING.GPL). The documentation
* is distributed under the Gnu FDL (see COPYING.FDL). Each file in the
* FLAC distribution contains at the top the terms under which it may be
* Since this particular file is relevant to all components of FLAC,
* it may be distributed under the Xiph.Org license, which is the least
* restrictive of those mentioned above. See the file COPYING.Xiph in this
Since oggcodecs uses only the codec libraries, it falls under BSD-like license.
More information about the theora