[theora] Data Dump?

Tony O"Bryan theoradev at tonyobryan.com
Sat Feb 13 12:27:43 PST 2010

On Saturday February 13 2010, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:

> (Actually the usual advice has been to Just Use
> Libtheora, since it's BSD licensed.  Of course, if you can't link to C
> code then you can't use libtheora.)

My intent isn't just to get something up and running (which I've already done
with libtheora), but to learn about the format on a deep level.  I was hoping
that a small sample video had been thoroughly documented to help codec
developers verify the correctness of our implementations at each stage of
development, rather than have to guess where our bugs may be after the fact.

I supposed I could inspect libtheora's internal data structures while stepping
through execution, but that's going to be very painful.