[theora] multiplexing theora videos

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:07:29 PST 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> --- On Sat, 13/2/10, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Tom
>> Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au>
>> wrote:
>> > --- On Sat, 13/2/10, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com>
>> how you

>> > I can't see that working for multiplexed (multi-camera
>> angle) theora files
>>
>> How do you want them to be displayed?
>>
>> S.
>>
> I am starting to think multiplexing is too much work :(

Multiplexing by itself isn't hard - it's when you want it displayed
that it becomes an issue.

You can always make different files and do the switching between the
camera angles with their respective audio based on an interface
similar to what I have done. There won't be any noticeably delay if
you have preloaded all the videos. So, it is indeed easier to create
an interface for non-multiplexed files.

For multiplexed files, you might find you have to extend a player -
certainly Firefox will not be able to deal with them.

Cheers,
Silvia.