[theora] Fwd: [whatwg] Suddenly, ~40% of IE users get HTML5 Theora with no effort

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 16:24:11 PST 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Christopher Blizzard
<blizzard at mozilla.com> wrote:
> On 02/06/2010 09:01 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> For that same reason I think it would be awesome if Remco continued
>> with his native Flash implementation. There will always be people in
>> some non-html5 browser that will not have silverlight installed and
>> not have java, but will have flash - it's those that you will reach!
>>

> Is that something like Theora as a native flash codec?  I heard once they
> had pluggable codecs or something, but I didn't realize that someone was
> working on that.
>
> --Chris

IIUC it is what Remco was intending to work on. There is already a
native Vorbis implementation in actionscript:
http://barelyfocused.net/blog/2008/10/03/flash-vorbis-player/ - I
thought Remco was keen to extend this to Theora. But I may be totally
mistaken. Remco?

Cheers,
Silvia.