[theora] Google to Open-source VP8 for HTML5 Video

Eric Carlson eric.carlson at me.com
Tue Apr 13 09:32:18 PDT 2010

On Apr 13, 2010, at 9:19 AM, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

>  I believe that the iPhone supports only baseline (Eric C, whom I believe is on this mailing list, can confirm that)

Correct, the iPhone 3G supports  H.264 video at up to 1.5 Mbps, 640x480, 30 fps in Baseline Profile Low-Complexity, or at up to 2.5 Mbps, 640x480, 30 fps in Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 [1]

> and I think that the iPad now supports the Main profile.

Also correct, the iPad supports Main Profile level 3.1 at up to 720p, 30 fps [2]

eric

[1] http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs-3g.html
[2] http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/