[theora] Ogg index and Skeleton 4.0
chris at pearce.org.nz
Wed Apr 28 21:47:55 PDT 2010
I've updated OggIndex to now output Skeleton 4.0 tracks. The differences
between Skeleton 3.x and Skeleton 4.0 with OggIndex is:
* The fisbone packet now includes a "Radix" field.
* The fisbone packet now includes two new compulsory message
headers; "Role" and "Name".
* The fishead packet no longer includes "start time" and "end time"
* The index packets for each track now include the "start time" and
"end time" fields for that track. The duration can now be
calculated as the greatest end time of all active tracks minus the
smallest start time of all active tracks. Thanks to Benjamin for
pointing out the need for this.
* I've removed the requirement in my spec that a keypoint must index
the first keyframe in their page only, and reworded my validity
The new spec can be found here:
If anybody thinks anything else should be added to Skeleton 4.0, please
speak up now!
I'm going to create a new wiki page for Skeleton 4.0 to replace the
existing Skeleton 3.0 xiph wiki page, and I'll produce a patch for
ffmpeg2theora to output Skeleton 4.0 in the next few days.
I'll hopefully be landing support for this in Firefox trunk builds in
the coming weeks.
All the best,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the theora