[theora] Indexless interpolation search seeking code

Chris Pearce chris at pearce.org.nz
Sun Apr 25 20:57:42 PDT 2010

5-7 is pretty typical in my experience, it sometimes gets worse,
particularly for videos which have large or irregular sized keyframes,
where it's hard to get an accurate bitrate estimation on your
bissections. I asked if I could see the seek code to see if there was
some trick I wasn't doing. :)

I agree that with non-exact seeking, or with low latency storage,
indexes aren't as necessary.

All the best,
Chris P.