[theora] Theora player for Nokia Series 60

Nik Lam nlf482n at med.usyd.edu.au
Fri Apr 16 21:30:17 PDT 2010

Quoting "Stuart Fisher" <stuart.fisher at fig7.com>:

> If you want to see some results (displayed frames and dropped frames),
> intall this.
> http://symbianoggplay.sourceforge.net/OgvPlay/OgvPlayLog.zip
>
> OgvPlay log data will appear in C:\Data\GCCLog.txt

Here are my results for OgvPlay alpha 22 ARM 11 on the Nokia E71.

Big Buck Bunny:
Decoded file: E:\Ogv\BBB-320x180.ogv
7349 frames displayed
6775 dropped frames (2)

Elephant's Dream:
Decoded file: E:\Ogv\ED-320x180.ogv
7956 frames displayed
7328 dropped frames (2)

Despite almost half the frames being dropped, the videos are very
watchable. Jerkiness is really only noticeable when there's smooth &
slow movement across large parts of the screen, for instance when
credits are rolling or when panning across a landscape of zooming in.

That said, there is a sample clip that came on the phone which I'm
guessing is encoded using H264, and it's not perfect either (played in
the Real Player that comes with the phone).

Cheers,

Nik;