[theora] Updating the Debian (and Ubuntu) packaging of Theora

Rogério Brito rbrito at ime.usp.br
Wed Sep 23 13:06:07 PDT 2009

Hi there, people.

On Sep 22 2009, Clint Adams wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 08:23:00PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > If any of you could lend me a hand with the subject, I could make a
> > better package (the other issues that I left on the package are
> > really trivial).
>
> If you rebase your changes against bzr://bzr.debian.org/pkg-xiph/libtheora

That should have been http://... Being a completely bzr illiterate, this
cost me a few seconds to discover. :-)

I think that some progress has been made (ugh, applying patches by hand
is not the most pleasant thing one can do).

The changes are attached to this message. They are against your most
recent changes on the repository above.

> and let us know which symbols have been added or changed, someone can
> probably help you.

The symbol files are unchanged against to the version you put on alioth.

Some manpages need to be written for:

,----
| /usr/bin/theora_png2theora
| /usr/bin/theora_player_example
| /usr/bin/theora_encoder_example
| /usr/bin/theora_dump_video
`----

But given that we have survived well so far, I think that we can
postpone this a tiny little bit and upload right away (perhaps
targetting experimental?).

I'm keeping xiph.org in the loop so that they know about the efforts
(and, possibly, incorporate some of the changes in their repository).

Regards, Rogério Brito.