[theora] Update ffmpeg2theora in the Web page?

Alvaro Segura alvaro.segura at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 10:02:48 PDT 2009

j at v2v.cc escribió:
> Hi,
>

>> Isn't it time to update ffmpeg2theora in http://theora.org/downloads/ ?
>>
>> latest stable version listed is 0.24 from March 2009, when the "nightly"
>> links points to the very recent firefogg version:
>>
>>   ffmpeg2theora 0.24+svn16574 - Xiph.Org libtheora 1.1 20090822 (Thusnelda)
>>
>> It would give new comers a better impression if the stable release was a
>> 1.1 based version like the one above.
>>
> i am working on that, wanted to do a last round or tests before pushing
> out a new release. this will happen in the next week.
> if you cant wait that long, use a nightly build.

Sure, I have no problem. I was thinking about new users been attracted
by the news of a new better quality encoder.

By the way, ffmpeg2theora seems to only produce one audio track even if
the source has more. Is there a way to get it to transcode the same
number of input streams? Or any plans to add it otherwise?