[theora] Optimised ARM Ogg/Theora/Vorbis decoder

Nils Pipenbrinck n.pipenbrinck at cubic.org
Mon Sep 21 23:43:54 PDT 2009

Robin Watts wrote:
> Yes, a beagleboard would be perfect - but I've been putting off
> buying one, as I need to buy a monitor to go with it (none of mine
> are DVI compatible). I think I might bite the bullet and spend the
> cash in the morning though :)

You don't need DVI. You can hook-up a TV on the S-Video out as well. I
did all my tests without any video at all. I just calculated MD5 hashes
for all frames to make sure my code outputs bit-identical frames.

> I've got ARMv6 SIMD working for the fragment reconstruction (running
> under an emulation environment), so hopefully progress won't be
> completely blocked until it arrives.

Which emulator do you use? qemu?

Btw - I tried to give you a shell-account on my beagle since I don't
need it currently, but unfortunately I'm not able to get my wlan
usb-stick working with ARM-linux (works with x86 linux though). So I can
only connect locally via usb-net to my laptop but I can't bring it to
the internet at the moment..

I'll give it another try next week.

Cheers,
  Nils