[theora] Optimised ARM Ogg/Theora/Vorbis decoder
theora at wss.co.uk
Thu Sep 17 03:21:20 PDT 2009
This is a note to announce the availability of "Ogg Theorarm", an
optimised ARM implementation of decoding libraries for the Theora
video code, and Vorbis audio codec from xiph.org.
Full details of this code release can be found at
<http://www.wss.co.uk/pinknoise/theorarm>, but highlights include:
* Full speed playback of a 320x240x25fps clip with a 48kHz stereo
audio track on an 416Mhz Xscale based wince device. (39fps if audio
sync is sacrificed).
* With post processing (deblocking/deringing) enabled, this drops to
* Uses no hardware acceleration features (e.g. dithered YUV2RGB is
done in software, so on devices with such features available, it
could go even faster).
* Uses ARMv4 instructions only (no reliance on Xscale SIMD or
* Compatible with films encoded with the latest encoder versions.
For more information, see the website above, or contact me.
Robin Watts, Email: <mailto:Robin.Watts at wss.co.uk>
Warm Silence Software, WWW: <http://www.wss.co.uk/>
P.O.Box 28, Woodstock, Tel: 01608 737172 (or Mobile: 07885 487642)
Oxfordshire, OX20 1XX Fax: 01608 737172
More information about the theora