[theora] oggcat or other ways to combine theora videos (with or without re-encoding)?

yorn at gmx.net yorn at gmx.net
Tue Sep 15 08:21:00 PDT 2009

Hey all,

Oh yes, I came around the problem before, but forgot about that.

So this goes to the Theora guys:

I encounted the following issue: The packet numbers for the theora headers created by the theora encoder are not numbered (all set to 0). This causes the strange output. Vorbis does create packet numbers for the header packets.

Second thing is: The first packet number is set to "2", so the oggvt library expects a packet with number "3" and got a packet with number "2".

Maybe someone could tell me if I am wrong and got some problems with my packet number reader or if this is true.

- Yorn

-------- Original-Nachricht --------