[theora] Ogg Video Tools 0.8

yorn at gmx.net yorn at gmx.net
Fri Sep 4 07:56:43 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I would like to announce a new version (0.8) of the Ogg Video Tools:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/oggvideotools/

The main difference is that the tools now include two new things:

1) oggResize
This tool can resize Ogg (Theora/Vorbis) files in multiple ways:
 - Changing the frame size (with some filters)
 - Changing bitrates of Theora and Vorbis streams
 - Adding Comments
 - Adding (multiple) overlay PNG-Pictures (with alpha channel)
 - Changing framerates and samplerates
 - Changing audio channel numbers

If only one stream is effected (Vorbis or Theora) the other stream is not touched (therefor the transcoding could be fasten up, and now split/merge process is needed)

For more information and demos, please visit:

http://dev.streamnik.de/oggvideotools.html

2) oggSilence
This was a wish from someone from the theora list ;-)
I cleaned that up a bit.

Even, if I had made a number of tests, I am sure that there are many bugs, so please give me feedback if you encounter any problems.

- Yorn