[theora] usage of --two-pass parameter with ffmpeg2theora?

Jiri Navratil jiri at navratil.cz
Thu Oct 22 02:22:45 PDT 2009

Hello,

So far I used this command to convert video files:

ffmpeg2theora.linux --optimize --no-upscaling --videoquality 5 --audioquality 1 --contact=http://navratil.cz a.mp4

Now I'm trying use --two-pass parameter
with ffmpeg2theora 0.25+svn16645 - Xiph.Org libtheora 1.1 20090822 (Thusnelda)

if I just add --two-pass, then I'm getting
Could not set up the first pass of two-pass mode.
Did you remember to specify an estimated bitrate?

if I add
--two-pass --speedlevel 0 -V 400
or
--two-pass --speedlevel 0 -V 300

size is the same and I don't see difference.

How I shall properly use --two-pass ? Is -V really needed or --videoquality is used instead?

Thank you,
Jiri

--
Jiri Navratil, http://www.navratil.cz,  +420 777 224 245