[theora] cortado releases out-of-date ?

Maik Merten maikmerten at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 10:59:29 PDT 2009

Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> I don't think that should hold back a release. I think there are
> plenty of people out there that would use cortado if there was a
> proper web representation for it. If Maik is the maintainer now, we
> should make that "official" and set up a few Web pages at xiph.org
> with cortado release tarballs, documentation etc., similar to what is
> there for XiphQT or OggDSF. I'd be happy to lend a helping hand. Maik
> - what do you think?

I'm sorry I reply this late, I was without internet the last few days.

I'm all for making a fresh release ASAP, given we now decode 1.1
streams, have better looking and faster color conversion and support
subtitles. The seeking problems worry me, though (that appears to be a
jst problem - a subsystem I don't really understand). j's build script
would perhaps be a fine starting point to get to more frequent releases.

Maik