[theora] cortado releases out-of-date ?

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 20:46:54 PDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As far as I know cortado is now maintained by some developers at
>> wikimedia who use it as part of the ogghandler module of mediaiki. You
>> should have a look at their svn to get the most recent version:
> [snip]
>>
>> According to the svn log it got updated 8 hours ago to handle theora
>> 1.1 streams. I reported some bugs against cortado some time ago and
>> both were  fixed immediately in the mediawiki svn-version.
>
> As indicated, Maik has been doing most of the maintaining cortado.
>
> We organized moving it over to Xiph some month back.
> The source code repository can be seen at
> http://git.xiph.org/?p=cortado.git;a=summary
>
> There just hasn't been a formal cortado release by Xiph yet at all,
> the existing release files are older fluendo releases that have been
> moved over.  AFAIK there is a long standing bug which causes seeking
> to fail intermittently which no one has found the cause of yet which
> has been inhibiting doing a release.

I don't think that should hold back a release. I think there are
plenty of people out there that would use cortado if there was a
proper web representation for it. If Maik is the maintainer now, we
should make that "official" and set up a few Web pages at xiph.org
with cortado release tarballs, documentation etc., similar to what is
there for XiphQT or OggDSF. I'd be happy to lend a helping hand. Maik
- what do you think?

Cheers,
Silvia.