[theora] cortado releases out-of-date ?

Sat Oct 3 02:09:58 PDT 2009

Am Sat, 3 Oct 2009 18:23:30 +1000
schrieb Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com>:

> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Michael Dale <mdale at wikimedia.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> The applet here:
> >> http://people.xiph.org/~maikmerten/demos/cortado.jar is probably
> >> what people want... could we update the releases / download page?
> >
> > Maik, Do you might doing an unsigned build and uploading it to
> > svn.xiph.org/releases/cortado/ ?
>
> Do we actually have an active maintainer for cortado? If not, I'd be
> happy to go and look for one. I really think it should have a person
> that feels responsible for it looking after it and creating a Web page
> and such. I managed to get one for liboggplay and for the DcirectShow
> filters, so java should be possible, too.
As far as I know cortado is now maintained by some developers at
wikimedia who use it as part of the ogghandler module of mediaiki. You
should have a look at their svn to get the most recent version:
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/OggHandler/

According to the svn log it got updated 8 hours ago to handle theora
1.1 streams. I reported some bugs against cortado some time ago and
both were  fixed immediately in the mediawiki svn-version.

regards
Helmut