[theora] Indexing Ogg files for faster seeking

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:37:39 PST 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Chris Pearce <chris at pearce.org.nz> wrote:
> Yeah, for some reason that's beyond me at the moment, we can't get the
> duration of that file. I wonder if we could get timing information when
> running in --two-pass mode and get the duration that way?

If it goes back to write the index, why can't it just measure the duration?

It very very much shouldn't depend on the input container duration
being accurate. This will fail.

If you're just using it decide how big to make, then it should be okay
to make a reasonable guess if you can't measure it. No?