[theora] png2theora example

Ernie Lyon fastawdtsi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:08:33 PST 2009

Hey everyone;

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with
the png2theora example found in the libtheora-1.1.1.

When ever I encode a set of .PNGs, everything seems to go well, but I'm
getting inconsistent results when viewing in various players.

Firefox, with it's built in .OGV player, plays the video just fine.
VLC plays the .OGV, but for some reason it doesn't render the last frame.
If I upload to YouTube, it's accepted just fine, and is converted fine as
well. However when it's played, each frame is a very grainy silver/grey
mess.

Any ideas? I'm using the example as is, with no modifications, just to try
and understand how theora works..

Thanks a lot!

-Ernie